Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sesame Street Parade!

Flashing forward to Anthony's first birthday in October, 2009, we had decided to go with a Sesame Street theme. We rented a hall and decorated it in primary colors, and topped it off with an over-the-top cake for my sweetie!



I had seen a cake similar to this and decided to purchase the Sesame Street figures and have them parading up to the top of the cake. How fun! I had also decided to make him his own "smash cake" although he didn't quite get the concept of it.



I made four 8" round cakes, one 10" round cake and a 6" round cake. For Anthony's smash cake, I made an additional 6" round cake. I tried to get the brightest colors that I could, to match the rest of the decorations.

All in all, he had a wonderful first birthday, had so much fun with his friends, but best of all, he had his first piece of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment