Tuesday, May 17, 2011

God Bless

After Anthony was born in October, 2008, we were planning on having his Christening soon thereafter. I knew that my mom had previously purchased the cross cake pan, as I had made my niece Ava's Christening cake the February before. I had made her cake as a half sheet cake with the cross on top. I hadn't perfected coloring frosting, though, and the pink was a little vibrant for a Christening, but it still came out cute. I especially love the sleeping baby figurine on the top.

When I was going to make Anthony's Christening cake, I didn't have a ton of time to make it, but wanted something cute for his special day. I had found pre-made flowers in royal icing, and decided that I was going to use those on his cake. I also put his cake on top of a half sheet cake, and changed the positioning of the writing, and this was the beginning of the cross cake.

I have made this cake countless times since Anthony's Christening, and it is currently one of my favorite ones to make. I recently made it with white roses and purple colored writing, although I can't seem to find the picture that I took of it. Here are the cakes that I made for Anthony, Emily and James :)


No comments:

Post a Comment