Sunday, May 15, 2011

Death By Chocolate

Now that I had mastered making the original buttercream frosting, I decided to move onto trying to make chocolate. I had a cake order for a co-worker's wife's birthday cake and his only request was "make it as chocolate as possible."

He had no ideas on the design or the style, so I was on my own. I knew I wanted to do something with chocolate shavings and some sort of shell border, but as for the rest of the cake, I had no ideas.


I ended up doing a 9" round, double layer chocolate cake with raspberry jam filling. I frosted it with chocolate buttercream frosting and a shell border on the bottom.


I put chocolate swirl borders on the top and filled in the rest with chocolate shavings. This was the creation of the death by chocolate cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment