Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Orders begin


The next few cakes that I did were all very different, and needed different skills to complete.

The first one was a Red Sox cake for a 30th Birthday. I was fresh out of the class and couldn't quite think of how to design this cake. Looking back, I would have used a different technique, but the person that ordered it was happy with it, so it all worked out in the end.

After that, I attempted to design cupcakes. I was having a dinner party and wanted a simple dessert, so I made some flowers out of royal icing, and decided to decorate the cupcakes with them. These turned out to be one of my favorite designs to make! They are fun, tasty and simple!

I have made these flowers countless times, both with royal icing and regular buttercream, and both ways come out wonderful.







Next, I had a cake order for a Bruins cake. Being a big fan, this was was fun for me, and especially fun because it was for a girl, and I got to design it in girl colors! You'll learn that I have come to love girly designs and especially the color pink. I was kind of a tomboy in high school, not girly at all, and I rebelled against girly things, and especially girly colors. Now that I'm older, I just love pink and can't seem to get enough of it. I'm in trouble if I ever have a baby girl!

The final "cake" that I made in the Fall/Winter of 2007 was a cookie cake for a friend's Christmas party. This turned out to be a big hit at the party. I used a 12" cake pan and put my normal recipe chocolate chip cookie in it, and baked it in 10 minute intervals, so as not to burn it. I took it out of the pan, and decorated it as if it were a normal cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment