Sunday, May 22, 2011

Babycakes

I've done a couple of first birthday cakes since I did Anthony's cake, and I also did a couple of baby shower cakes. I love doing these because I can match whatever theme the party is in.

The first baby shower cake that I was asked to do was for a Winnie the Pooh themed shower. I was given a napkin to work with, and a couple of sayings that the party throwers wanted written on the side. I was told that they also wanted it to be in neutral colors, as the parents-to-be had not found out what they were having. Around the side is written, "Baby days are bright with wonder." How sweet!



The second shower cake that I was asked to do was for a former co-worker of mine. He and his wife didn't find out what they were having either. The party that we had didn't have a theme, so I decided to go simple and make an old fashioned baby carriage design on the cake. I also decided to make the base frosting in a pale yellow instead of making it the basic white.

The last baby shower cake that I was asked to do, and this was actually just a couple of months ago, was a ducky themed shower. The parents knew that they were having a boy, so I was able to do it in blue. I made a 10" round, with an 8" round on top, standard buttercream icing. I smoothed the cake, except for the top, as to simulate water. I did an exaggerated shell border, to simulate waves, and topped it off with a mama and baby ducky. Welcome Baby Logan was written on the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment