Thursday, May 26, 2011

Basketweave

I had always wanted to try basketweave, but it was something that I didn't learn in class, so I would have to learn on my own. So I figured what better time than Easter, when I was hosting for a dozen people! Luckily, basketweave only looks complicated. It does take a lot of time to do, but once you get into a rhythm, it goes pretty quickly. I was very happy with the way this came out, especially for my first attempt.


I had also made this cake in a checkerboard design, but it didn't come out as good as I thought it would. I finished the cake off with a simple shell border, some Easter grass and Cadbury mini eggs as decoration.



I also put some simple spring flowers on the top and dusted the cake with glitter sugar, to add a nice touch to the final decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment