Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Disco Diva


The next cake that I designed turned out to be one of the coolest looking cakes that I have made. It was for a girl's 10th birthday. She had a disco themed party and gave me a napkin to design the cake by, so I used a star tip method to design all the colors and I used fondant for the first time to create the dancers. So fun! This cake was a half sheet cake, double layer, and that's a lot of stars!



I have done this cake 2 more times since this initial cake. The second time was for another little girl's birthday, but she wanted the dancers to be in purple. I used different colors, but the same method. This cake was 9 x 13, so a lot less start tipping on this one.



The latest disco cake that I made was for a guy's 40th birthday party. The theme of the party was Austin Powers, so I went with psychedelic colors and the male gender sign in the middle instead of the dancers. At the party, an Austin Powers action figure was stuck into the cake as an added bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment