Friday, July 1, 2011

Mom and Dad turn....?

My parents were born in the same year, and last year they turned...well I'm supposed to say 29,
but I'll let you figure it out by the picture.

I had planned a surprise birthday party for them, with the help of my husband and brother, and the restaurant we booked was nice enough to let me bring my own cake to serve.

I knew I wanted to do something with chocolate covered strawberries, as mom loves those, and I had to make the cake chocolate, as dad loves that.


So I made a 12" double layer chocolate cake, and put a 10" yellow cake on top of that for size contrast and flavor contrast . I then took melted chocolate and made a drizzle design, topped off with chocolate covered strawberries. I did a simple shell border to tie the layers together, and topped it off with candles to match the cake.

2 comments: