Sunday, September 18, 2011

Anthony's Thomas cake


Since Anthony is almost turning 3, I should probably post the cake from his 2nd birthday. He really loved Thomas the Train at the time, and we decided on a Thomas themed birthday party. I had seem a tunnel cake before, so I decided to make one for my little guy.

I made two 12-inch cakes and instead of layering them regularly, I cut the top layer in half and placed it on top of the other half, to make another 3D cake. I used black icing to replicate a tunnel and train tracks and borrowed one of Anthony's toys to finalize the cake. I also had some royal icing flowers that I could use to decorate the grass, and used the grass tip to make the border along the bottom.

And, of course, it was chocolate cake, his favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment